Discover the delights of home-made preserves with this simple recipe for pickled pumpkin, delicious served with cold meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the vinegar, water and sugar in a large saucepan. Cook, stirring, over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- 2Add the cinnamon, peppercorns, salt, allspice berries and chili and bring to the boil.
- 3Add the pumpkin flesh and bring to the boil once more.
- 4Reduce the heat and simmer the pumpkin gently until cooked through, around 30 minutes.
- 5Using a slotted spoon place the pumpkin in warm, sterile jars, dividing the spices evenly.
- 6Bring the remaining cooking liquor to the boil and cook briskly until reduced and thickened into a syrup.
- 7Pour the syrup over the pumpkin, allow to cool and seal.
You Might Also Like...View All Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Pumpkin
Serving Size: 1 (1053 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.5
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 112.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 82.4 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar