Recipe by J. Michael Long
This wonderfully moist cake is a breeze to make and makes people think you've slaved all day to create it. It's moist enough not to need frosting but it's that added flavor of pineapple that makes it a piña colada! The origin of this cake is from a Recipe generator Software Disk my mother gave me. I took the basic recipe and improved the flavor and added the frosting.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1 cup shredded coconut (save 1/4 cup for frosting)
- 1 cup nuts, well chopped (walnuts or pecans)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (or 1/2 cup applesauce)
- 1 (12 ounce) can cola
- 4 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) container pillsbury coconut cream frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a bundt, fluted, or tube pan.
- In a mixer bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, coconut, nuts, oil, soda and eggs; mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Remove from oven; allow to cool down prior to removing from pan and frosting.
- In a small bowl mix coconut cream frosting with pineapple and coconut.
- Use this mix to frost the cooled cake.