Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great recipe that is a hit at all of our family parties. My dad has been making it for years. I recommend making it a couple of days in advance so the kielbasa "marinates" for a while. Refrigerate and then reheat when needed. Warning- that when refrigerated the sauce congeals a bit and looks pretty unappetizing. Once heated it goes back to normal and is delicious!
- Cook the kielbasa using your preferred method to cook off some of the fat.
- Cut the kielbasa on the diagonal in 1/2"-1" slices.
- Put the kielbasa into large pot on stove top.
- Add the remaining ingredients (ketchup, brown sugar, Jack Daniels).
- Heat on medium heat 1/2 hour to 45 minutes until sauce has thinned out and kielbasa is piping hot.
- Serve with toothpicks and enjoy!
Made this on Christmas Eve for an appetizer to be served on Christmas Day. Very good flavor. Served from crock pot to keep warm. Did scrape the congealed fat off the top before serving.
This Recipe is so easy to make and what a great appetizer for the game. Tastes out of this world especially if your a friend of Jack's!! I rate this 5 stars. You have to try it everyone... You won't regret it!