Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A DELICIOUS crab cake recipe I can't take credit for, it was on the Phillips crab meat, which I was happy to find in California. Very easy, and very good.
- 16 ounces crabmeat (preferably blue crab backfin)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons mustard
- 3 teaspoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (or any other similar seafood seasoning)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the crab meat.
- After mixing ingredients, add crab meat and mix together well with a spatula.
- Form into desired size cakes, I get 6-8 from this recipe.
- pan fry on each side over medium heat until golden brown (about 5-7 minutes each side) Serve with desired sauce, I mix together a little mayo, ketchup, old bay, and vinegar, but that's just a personal thing.
I prefer this recipe to the Old Bay one by far. Just a hint - use sour cream instead of the mayo (icky poo, barfy warfy!), double or even triple the Old Bay, use Dijon mustard instead of that icky yellow ballpark stuff, and use Italian breadcrumbs instead of regular. Don't mix too much or your lumps will turn into clumps. Also, baking them at 375 for 10 - 15 minutes makes them nice and crispy, but without all the added fat.
As a newbie to crab cakes I too used the recipe off the back of a Phillips container. Delicious! I personally prefer the claw meat, but that's just me. I highly recommend this recipe!
I just made this and it was good! We are a family that likes mustard but i did not have dry mustard and it still turned out great! Looks like we are buying the same crab meat lol!