Recipe by commercesd
A delicious alternative to the traditional breakfast sandwich, this is essentially 1/2 a sandwich but can be made with two slices of bread if desired. May also use a waffle if desired.
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 slice bread
- 1 slice turkey ham
- 1 slice cheese, any type
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a nonstick skillet to low-medium heat. Cut the slice of bread diagonally. Spread each piece bread with 1/2 teaspoon butter, place butter side down in skillet.
- Add turkey ham to one side and slice of any kind of cheese to the other. May substitute ham, turkey or other type of meat if desired.
- Place dome over bread or top on skillet and fry until cheese is melted and bread is lightly browned.
- While browning the bread, add 1 teaspoon butter to pan and cook the egg sunny side up, basted, over easy or scramble to your liking. If bread finishes browning before egg is done, remove to a plate.
- When egg is done, place on one side of the bread and cover with the other 1/2 or slice.
- Drizzle with maple syrup or spread with jelly or jam and small amount on the side for dipping.
- Garnish with fresh fruit. Best served with fork and knife.