Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These sound sooo good... I love pumpkin stuff!!
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 2 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 24 pumpkin decorative candies
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in pumpkin and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, ginger and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the shortening, confectioners' sugar, orange juice and orange peel until blended.
- Frost bars; cut into squares.
- Top each square with a candy pumpkin.