Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Even dogs and cats have birthdays! Take this as a gift for a special four legged friend. Or invite the neighborhood pets over for a shared treat.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup coarse liverwurst
- 4 1⁄2 ounces of strained beef baby food, with broth (or veal)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 pieces beef jerky, snack for dogs broken up into small pieces
- processed cheese, slices, for garnish
- Combine flour and baking powder in large bowl. Set aside.
- Beat cooking oil, liverwurst, strained beef with broth (baby food) and eggs together in medium bowl until smooth.
- Fold in beef jerky snack. Add to flour mixture. Stir. Spread batter in greased foil lined 8 inch round pan. Bake in 325 oven for about 50 minutes until cooked. Cool. Turn out onto serving platter.
- Cuts pet’s name out of cheese slices. Arrange on top of cake.
- Company’s Coming Gifts from the Kitchen.