Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe by weight, so you can use a tare scale to add the ingredients then just blend away. This eliminates any extra measuring or prep of ingredients. Recipe from The Culinary Institute of America.
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 ounces pine nuts, toasted
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces basil leaves, fresh
- add ingredients to Vita-Mix (or other blender) in the order displayed.
- turn machine to Variable Speed 1, then increase quickly to Variable Speed 7.
- blend for 1 minute.
- serve immediately or store in fridge.
- to avoid discoloration of the top, pour a thin layer of olive oil on the top of the pesto.