Recipe by megs_
From "The Healing Foods Cookbook". Turkey is helpful to building your immune system as well as wound healing. Oil is said to help lower cholesterol if used in place of other saturated fats, and garlic is said to help lower the risk of heart disease. All around this recipe looks like a great one to me!
- 1 1⁄2 cups basil leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 lb turkey cutlets
- 12 mushrooms, sliced
- 4 small tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, process the basil and garlic until well chopped. With the machine running, add the oil in a stream. Process until a smooth paste forms.
- Cut four large squares of foil. Coat one side with nonstick spray.
- Divide the cutlets among the foil. Spread each with 1 tablespoon of the basil pesto.
- Top with mushrooms and tomatoes. Cover with the remaining pesto. Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts.
- Fold the foil to enclose the filling and seal tightly. Place the packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for about 20 minutes.