Recipe by Kalipso435
We usually eat this cold, but I've also put it together while the noodles were warm and it's very yummy as a hot dish. You can use any kind of shaped pasta. We prefer tri-colored wheels and spirals. You can also use any kind of pesto sauce. I like the brand "Classico" which also makes a sun-dried tomato pesto that works well with this recipe. You could also make your own pesto. Black Olives can also be added for an additional twist.
- 1 lb fun shaped pasta
- 1 (10 ounce) jarpre-made pesto sauce
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, washed and loosely torn
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts, drained (packed in water, not packed in oil)
- 1 garlic clove (pushed through garlic press)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and run under cold water until cool.
- Slice grape tomatoes into halves.
- If artichoke pieces are larger than bite size, cut them into smaller chunks.
- In large bowl, mix pesto, olive oil, garlic, and Parmesan.
- Once it's well mixed, add pasta, spinach, artichokes, and tomatoes.
- Toss until pasta and veggies are well coated.
- Chill for 1 hour to let the flavors blend, but can be served immediately if you're in a hurry.
- Toss again and serve.