Special Ed's Note:
This is something a concocted one morning, whilst looking in my fridge at the season's bounty: fresh basil pesto, fresh homemade pitas, eggs... Yeah Baby!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scramble the egg, and cook in med-hi skillet, flipping once midway through. Leaving it in a single piece, "omelet style" makes assembly and eating easier and neater.
- 2While the egg is cooking, wrap pita in a slightly damp dishtowel, and microwave for 20-40 seconds, until warm and pliable (be careful - it's hotter inside, so be careful opening the pita). You can leave the pita wrapped in the towel until ready to use it.
- 3Cut/tear the pita to make a flap of half the diameter of the pita; fold the flap back.
- 4fold the egg in half; melt the cheese on the egg, or make a cheese omelet if you wish.
- 5Slide the egg/cheese into the warm, waiting pita, stuffing it gently into the pouch of the bread,.
- 6Spread the pesto onto the inside of the "flap".
- 7Fold pita closed, and roll, if desired.
- 8NOTE: since you are multi-tasking here, I put a single time in the Preparation box, rather than try to split it up.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Omelet in a Pita Pocket
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.1
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 225.1 mg
- Sodium 598.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 16.5 g