Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of those why didn't I think of this-type recipes. From Company's Coming Garden Greens cookbook.
- 2 cups day old French bread or 2 cups Italian bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in large bowl and toss until well coated.
- Arrange the bread cubes singly on a large baking sheet. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, turning once or twice, until light golden brown and crisp.
- Turn off oven and allow croutons to cool completely. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
5 stars for simplicity, what a great idea, these taste great and only 3 ingredients!!