Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
NOTE:this is a recipe from Food Network from the cooking show from "Everyday Italian" (hosted by Giada De Laurentiis).
For the tartlets
- 453.59 g instant polenta (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 236.59 ml cream
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
For the topping
- 473.18 ml shredded store-bought rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 118.29 ml store-bought pesto sauce
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries
- *It calls for the use of rotisserie chicken (the kind you get from a deli in the grocery store). All you would have to do is shred it up with forks since it's precooked. The dough for the tartlets could also be made ahead of time.
- Special equipment: 2-inch diameter scalloped cookie cutter.
- For the tartlets:.
- Make the polenta according to package instructions. Just before the polenta is finished thickening, add the cream, salt, and pepper. Pour the polenta onto a greased, rimmed baking sheet. Set aside to cool and firm up, about 30 minutes.
- For the topping: In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, pesto, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- To assemble: Using a 2-inch diameter scalloped cookie cutter, cut the polenta into tartlet shapes, about 24, and place them on a serving platter. Top each polenta tartlet with a spoonful of chicken. Top the chicken with a few dried cranberries. Serve.