Recipe by Errrrin
This is a super healthy salad, chicken, veggies and a yummy pesto dressing. It reminds me of pasta salad because of the dressing but I make it without pasta. You could definitely add it, I'd just increase the dressing slightly if you do. It came from a combination of different recipes. I love substituting greek yogurt for things like mayo, which was part of my idea here. All frozen veggies could be replaced with canned... sometimes I use asparagus instead of grean beans. Also, if you prefer less of a tangy dressing you can add a little splenda/stevia/sweetener of your preference and/or decrease the lemon.
- 1 lb cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup frozen green beans, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups artichoke hearts, drained and quartered (approx 1 16oz can)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pre-cooked chicken into 1" cubes and set aside.
- Prepare vegetables: Thinly slice green onion. Drain and quarter artichoke hearts. Chop cherry tomatos in half. Thaw peas and green beans, I recommend cutting the green beans into approx 1" lengths. Drain all the veggies as well as possible. Squeeze the extra moisture out with a paper towel if you like.
- In a large bowl, mix together greek yogurt, pesto, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix in all of the vetgetables and chicken. Toss to coat.
- You can eat immediately but I think it tastes better after sitting in the fridge overnight. It's good on its own or served over lettuce or broccoli shreds.