Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Courtesy of National Chicken Council.
Make and share this Pesto Chicken Parmesan recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 slice provolone cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 59.14 ml flour
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 59.14 ml pine nuts (optional)
- 29.58 ml prepared pesto sauce, divided
- 29.58 ml parsley, divided
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lay chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Put flour in shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk together egg, 1 tablespoon pesto and water.
- In third shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs with 1 tablespoon parsley.
- Dredge chicken in flour; dip in egg, turning to coat all sides. Then, dredge chicken in breadcrumbs.
- In large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, warm olive oil. Saute chicken until nicely browned on each side, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to shallow baking dish.
- In medium bowl, whisk together tomato sauce, garlic and remaining pesto.
- Spoon sauce evenly over chicken breasts. Sprinkle each with Parmesan and pine nuts; top with slice of Provolone. Bake until chicken is cooked through and cheese is bubbling and browned, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve with pasta.