Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sandwich is excellent. I use sliced provolone and instead of putting it in the chicken salad just place it on the bread. I added nuts since I like a crunch. Pine nuts would be great but I used slivered almonds since I had them on hand. Use leftover chicken or canned. The recipe below is the original recipe without my changes. This came from the USA Weekend.
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 ounces provolone cheese, imported if possible, cut into small dice
- 4 rectangular ciabatta rolls, sliced in half
- Mix pesto and mayonnaise.
- Add chicken and cheese; toss to coat.
- Pile salad onto bread bottom, cover with bread top, and press to make a compact sandwich.
- Eat immediately or wrap tightly in plastic wrap until ready to serve. This can be refrigerated overnight.