Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tasty-looking appetizer from Simple & Delicious magazine.
Make and share this Pesto Cheese Tarts recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons prepared pesto sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2 1/8 ounce) package frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except tart shells. Spoon by heaping teaspoonfuls into shells.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 375°F for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Just threw a couple in the oven to try out before our guests arrive. These were great! I might have some mixture left over (my tarts came in a package of 15). So I will try baking the remaining amount on cocktail bread with olive oil. The mixture is fantastic!
This recipe also tastes good baked in the oven on miniature baguette slices. Yum yum!
These were so easy, and so good! Everyone at my Italian dinner night loved them. Thanks!