Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
I have always had a difficult time finding something that I like to eat for breakfast during Pesach. During the year I tend to eat Cliff bars and such when I have to skip a meal, so I was inspired by hellokitty's Extremely Healthy Fiber Packed Zucchini Carrot Cranberry Bars to whip something up. Since I made more than 3 substitutions, I decided to post my version. Note: The "cake crumbs" below is supposed to be "cake meal".
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tablespoon almond extract
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 2 cups cake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh
- 3 tablespoons smooth cashew butter
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a cake pan.
- 2. Mix together the milk and lemon juice. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- 3. In medium size mixing bowl, mix together the egg, agave nectar, oil, and extracts, zucchini, carrots.
- 4. Pour in the milk/lemon mixture and mix well.
- 5. Add the the cake meal, cinnamon, baking soda and mix well.
- 6. Mix in the cashew butter.
- 7. Gently stir in the blueberries.
- 8. Spoon into cake pan and smooth with a spatula. Sprinkle the nuts on top and gently press into the batter. (Now I personally do not like nuts in my baked goods, so this way I can pick them off the top and eat the bar sans nuts. However, you can just as easily add the nuts to the mix and bake them in.).
- 9. Cover with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes or until you can insert a knife into the center and it comes out clean.
- 10. Optional - remove the foil and bake another 5 minutes if you would like for it to be more crispy.