Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A deliciously lemony and garlicky recipe from Food & Wine magazine. Serve with an avocado and red onion salad. Note - prep time does not include 1/2 to 4 hour marinating time
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 8 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- salt & pepper
- Whisk all marinade ingrediants together in a bowl.
- Place chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag and pour marinade over top.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes but no longer than 4 hours.
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Chicken is easiest grilled if you brush vegetable oil liberally on the grill first so it doesn't stick.
- Grill, with lid down for 7 to 7 1/2 minutes per side.
Very tasty. I used this marinade on thinly sliced chicken breasts and even the fussy eaters in my house enjoyed it. It also gave my veggie sides an extra special something. I'm actually going to try it on a roast to see how it works out. If all goes well this will be our general 'works for everything' marinade. Thanks for sharing.
Very nice way to do grilled chicken. The spices all blended well together. Made for the Babes of ZWT4.
MADE FOR ZWT4. I mixed this marinade, thinking: boy, this ain't gonna work!! Far too sour! But I followed instructions ... We could not grill, as it's winter here in South Africa, so I had to use the oven. My goodness, it worked! I used bone-in thighs and drumsticks as I hate skinned and deboned breasts. The flavour was, as you said, tangy and lemony. It was very nice indeed, not outstanding, but really, really enjoyable. Thanks!!!