Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
this came from my diabetes self management magazine
- 1 portabella mushroom, cap 5 inches across
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 ounce sliced lean deli ham, finely chopped (1 slice)
- 2 -3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, trim mushroom stem even with cap, place mushroom cap (gills facing upward) in a small baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Layer pizza sauce, ham and basil in cap and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until mushroom is tender when pierced with a fork and cheese is melted.
This was a great recipe for portabellas on sale! I actually would recommend crisping the mushroom under the broiler a bit before adding the topings - but for mushroom lovers this is great!