Recipe by Dib's
I found this recipe in "The Wild Vegetarian" by "wildman" Steve Brill. Posted by request.
- 2 cups sweet brown rice flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons sweet brown rice flour
- 2 cups buckwheat flour or 1 1⁄4 lbs any whole grain flour
- 1⁄2 cup arrowroot or 1⁄2 cup kudzu
- 3⁄4 cup flax seed, plus
- 3 tablespoons freshly ground flax seeds (6 T. seeds)
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unsweetened peach juice or 2 cups other fruit juice
- 1 cup corn oil
- 1⁄2 cup lecithin granules
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons liquid stevia or 1⁄4 cup honey or 1⁄4 cup barley malt or 1⁄4 cup rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 recipe tofu sour cream (posted on this site)
- 2 teaspoons liquid stevia
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot or 2 tablespoons kudzu
- 1 1⁄2 cups seeded and chopped wild persimmons
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted dates
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the cake-in a large bowl mix together the flours, arrowroot, ground flax seeds, lemon rind, cinnamon, coriander, baking soda and salt.
- In a blender combine the peach juice, corn oil, licithin, lemon juice, liquid stevia, and lemon extract processing until smooth.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, being careful not to overmix.
- To make the icing-In a large bowl mix the Tofu sour cream, liquid stevia and arrowroot together.
- Stir in the persimmons and dates.
- Putting it together-Pour the cake batter into a 12x9x2 inch cake pan and top with the icing mixture.
- Bake the cake 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.