Add some seltzer or ginger ale and ice and this drink is a winner! Also can be used as an ice cream topping!
- Put the rhubarb in a large stainless steel pan along with 3/4 cups water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, turn heat down to low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain, saving only the juice.
- Put the rhubarb juice back into a clean stainless steel pan.
- Add the sugar and lime juice.
- Stir and bring to a simmer gently for 30 minutes or longer, until the juice turns slightly syrupy.
- Strain into a clean jug or pitcher, cover and cool.
- To make into a drink, pour 1/2 inch of syrup into a glass and add 4 ice cubes. Fill to top with seltzer or ginger ale and add mint sprig.