1/1 Photo of Persian Rhubarb Syrup
Add some seltzer or ginger ale and ice and this drink is a winner! Also can be used as an ice cream topping!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the rhubarb in a large stainless steel pan along with 3/4 cups water.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Cover, turn heat down to low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 4Strain, saving only the juice.
- 5Put the rhubarb juice back into a clean stainless steel pan.
- 6Add the sugar and lime juice.
- 7Stir and bring to a simmer gently for 30 minutes or longer, until the juice turns slightly syrupy.
- 8Strain into a clean jug or pitcher, cover and cool.
- 9To make into a drink, pour 1/2 inch of syrup into a glass and add 4 ice cubes. Fill to top with seltzer or ginger ale and add mint sprig.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Persian Rhubarb Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 778.0
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 200.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 184.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g