Recipe by **Jubes**
THere seem to be several different versions of this cake. This one is used by Chef Gerard Yaxley at Qom’s restaurant in Coolum, Queensland.. This recipe will be gluten-free suitable if a gf yogurt is used
Top Review by windsu
I was a bit worried about this cake when I was cooking it as it seemed quite liquid even after 30 minutes in the oven but it firmed up beautifully when it cooled. Because it was for a teenager's birthday, I sprinkled icing sugar, nutmeg and grated chocolate on top and decorated it with lavender flowers. It was superb and easy to make. Thanks for posting this recipe. I must pass it on to my gluten free Mum.
- 3 cups almond meal (360 grams)
- 1 cup raw sugar (220 grams)
- 1 cup brown sugar (220 grams)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 120 g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 250 g Greek yogurt, plus extra to serve
- 4 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup pistachio nut, coarsely chopped (45 grams)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine almond meal, sugars, butter and salt in a bowl. Rub with your fingertips until coarse crumbs form.
- Spoon half of the mixture into a lightly buttered annd baking paper lined 26cm diameter springform pan. Gently press in to evenly cover the base of the tin.
- To the remaining 1/2 cake mixture- add the egg, yogurt and nutmeg. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy. Pour over the cake base in the tin. Smooth over the top and scatter pistachios around the edge of the cake.
- Bake until golden -approx 30 to 35 minutes. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Serve at room temperature with extra Greek yogurt or cream.
- The cake will keep in an airtight container for up to a week.