THere seem to be several different versions of this cake. This one is used by Chef Gerard Yaxley at Qom’s restaurant in Coolum, Queensland.. This recipe will be gluten-free suitable if a gf yogurt is used
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Combine almond meal, sugars, butter and salt in a bowl. Rub with your fingertips until coarse crumbs form.
- 3Spoon half of the mixture into a lightly buttered annd baking paper lined 26cm diameter springform pan. Gently press in to evenly cover the base of the tin.
- 4To the remaining 1/2 cake mixture- add the egg, yogurt and nutmeg. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy. Pour over the cake base in the tin. Smooth over the top and scatter pistachios around the edge of the cake.
- 5Bake until golden -approx 30 to 35 minutes. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- 6Serve at room temperature with extra Greek yogurt or cream.
- 7The cake will keep in an airtight container for up to a week.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Persian Love Cake
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.2
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 78.7 mg
- Sodium 318.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 53.7 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: