1 hr 20 mins
I had this one day, at a Persian restaurant in Kuala Lumpur. It was so good with some okra stew or oxtail stew that I had to try it myself. Serving is for two people, because that's how many people live at home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak rice in water for 3-4 hours, then cook in salted water for 10-15 minutes using a non-stick pot until it just softens.
- 2Drain water and empty the pot.
- 3Bring 2-3 cups of water to boil.
- 4Wash lentil and add to water with a bit of salt.
- 5Cook over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes until tender.
- 6Peel and thinly slice onions.
- 7Fry in oil until slightly golden.
- 8Add ground beef or lamb, salt and black pepper, and fry over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- 9Add one cup of hot water and cook until water has been mostly absorbed.
- 10Wash raisins and dates.
- 11Pour 1/2 cup of water and some oil in the non-stick pot.
- 12Pour in half of the rice.
- 13Follow with meat, lentil, and raisins.
- 14Add in remainder of rice.
- 15Cook over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- 16Dissolve saffron in 1/3 cup of hot water and pour over the rice.
- 17Mix well before serving.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Persian Lentil Rice - Addes Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (8912 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1036.9
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 189.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.5 g
- Sugars 24.5 g
- Protein 35.4 g