Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pure natural ingredients and sOOoooo good. No baking. I usually include them in my Christmas goodie boxes. Don't make them too big they are very rich.
- 1 cup dates, chopped,fine
- 1 cup raisins, chopped fine
- 1 cup nuts, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup candied cherry, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup orange rind, chopped fine
- 1⁄2-1 cup fig, chopped fine
- Put all the ingredients through a food chopper (or food processor, but don't puree the ingredients) If the ingredients are a bit stiff moisten them with a bit of honey.
- Mix well and form into little balls.
- Store in fridge and bring to room temp to serve.
Wow- fabulous! I used toasted pistachios and walnuts with candied ginger (no cherries). I also added some cinnamon and powdered clove (just a touch). I rolled half in chopped pistachios as well and they are just wonderful. These are a permanent addition to the holiday cookie tray.
These are alot like the sugarplums I've made. They are very good. Anyways, I roughly chop the nuts, then put them in the food processor with the fruit. I usually do it in three small batches. It is easier than by hand, the nuts keep the fruits from becoming mush, and they hold together better.
Wow Bergy, these are wonderful, I made a half a recipe, because I did it all by hand. It didn't take too long and boy were these ever worth it. I used good quality dates and figs, golden raisins, pistachio nuts, blood orange, marashino cheeries and candied ginger & clover honey. Let me tell you, my family devoured them, they didn't even leave one for me to take a picture of....and they were so pretty. I will be making these again, often, they have been requested for a party this weekend...Kudos