Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
great for the beginner cook !!
- 1 3⁄4 kg whole chickens
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place a rack in a shallow roasting pan, lightly spray with oil.
- Sprinkle garlic and 1/4 tsp salt into cavity of chicken.
- Stuff cavity with lemon wedges.
- Place chicken, breast side up on rack in roasting pan.
- Rub butter over skin and sprinkle over remaining salt.
- Tuck wings underneath bird.
- Roast uncovered in centre of oven, baste a few times with juices.
- Cook 1 1/2 hours or till thermometer inserted into thigh reads 170 F.
- Transfer to cutting board, loosely tent with foil.
- Stand 10 minutes before carving.
Very good! The lemon really sets off the favor, thanks for posting! Made for Every Day is a Holiday 2012