Recipe by Engrossed
This is my variation of a punch recipe from the Better Homes & Gardens cookbook. Raspberry everything! I've made it for several parties and potlucks and always have requests for the recipe. If I don't make it people get mad! I usually double or triple it and always have extra ginger-ale on hand to pour in when it gets thick. The dry ice is optional but makes for a very cool bubbly fog effect.
Top Review by Bobbin
I think the name of this is deceiving. It is not purple, but is pink. I have used this recipe for 2 baby showers--minus the dry ice--and everyone loves it. I do not use the frozen raspberries, but use fresh--just enough to sprinkle on top of the punch. It has a wonderful flavor and looks so pretty, too. I have even put lemon slices around the bowl to dress it up even more. Yummy!
- 2 liters ginger ale or 2 liters carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 1⁄2 gallon raspberry sherbet
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen raspberry-lemonade concentrate or 1 (12 ounce) can frozen pink lemonade concentrate
- 4 cups water (or more)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen raspberries
- 3 lbs dry ice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put dry ice chunk in the bottom of a punch bowl.
- Sprinkle frozen raspberries over bottom of punch bowl.
- Spoon in raspberry sherbet.
- Mix water with frozen lemon-aid and pour over bottom of punch bowl.
- Pour ginger-ale down the sides of the punch bowl.
- Stir lightly.