Recipe by sheerkerry
A warm rich roast with a delightful twist. This is not your grandmother's cooking!
Top Review by :)Shirl(:
This is a really easy and tastey meal! I did sub cream of mushroom for the cream of celery, and tossed in some mushrooms and chopped onions that i needed to use up. I will be making this again but will add garlic, bay leaf and some thyme just to take it to another level. Thank you for posting sheerkerry, we enjoyed a very tastey meal served over rice.
- 1 (2 -3 lb) bottom round beef roast
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 -5 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can Pepsi
- 1 -2 tablespoon white flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour 1/2-1 can of Pepsi Cola into your crock pot and set temperature to low. I typically use a full can of Pepsi. It will yield a greater amount of gravy in the end.
- Place your 2 - 3 lb Beef Roast in the crock pot and sprinkle the Dry Onion Soup mix over roast and the Pepsi.
- While cooking the roast on low, fry the bacon to a crisp, crumble it and set aside.
- Measure to taste 3-5 tablespoons of bacon drippings and drizzle it over your roast.
- Spread the bacon crumbles over your roast and dry onion soup mix.
- Cover roast and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or 4-6 hours on high.
- One hour before roast is to be served make your gravy.
- Lift roast out of crock pot and set aside.
- Add your one can of Cream of Celery soup and hand whisk until blended. For time's sake I use the electric mixer.
- Add flour as needed to thicken gravy while whisking.
- Place your roast back into the crock pot and finish out your cooking time.
- Serve your roast swimming in gravy in a white over sized bowl and watch their eyes light up!