3 hrs 30 mins
about 8-9 years ago, my daughter and I overheard a fireman telling the butcher about this recipe, sounded so easy and quick, we promptly made it and it's been a favorite since. HOWEVER, my hubby doesn't care for the rice so I always make him some plain rice seperate. The best part about this recipe is you can increase or decrease it depending on your needs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a skillet, cook the chicken until no longer pink.
- 2Put the rice in a 4 quart casserole.
- 3Spoon the chicken over this.
- 4Mix equal parts BBQ sauce and Pepsi.
- 5I always keep plenty as depending upon how much rice you use, will need to add more.
- 6Pour this mixture over the rice/chicken.
- 7Put into oven and slow cook at 250 for 3-5 hours.
- 8Keep checking and ADDING MORE LIQUID as needed, otherwise the rice will not be tender.
- 9Make sure to stir occasionally.
- 10Serve with a salad and breadsticks for an easy meal.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepsi Chicken & Rice
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 669.9
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 604.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 37.8 g