Recipe by cookin_nurse
Ever been to big cedar lodge outside of branson missouri? This is the recipe to the delicious cookies they deliver to your room everyday!! I love these cookies! They use cookie cutters to shape them into a cedar tree. I think they would be great at christmas time as gingerbread men.
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 12 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 2 eggs
- 5 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- combine brown sugar, molasses, and spices in 1 1/2 quart saucepan. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, them remove from heat.
- Place butter in large mixing bowl, add hot sugar mixture and stir until butter melts. Blend in eggs.
- Stir 2 cups flour and baking soda together, Graduallly mix into the butter mixture. Mix in enough additional flour to make dough stiff. shape dough into ball. wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Cut dough into quarters. Shape one quarter at a time into balls (refrigerate other dough). Use rounded teaspoonfull of dough for each ball. Place on ungreased cooki sheets. Bake in preheated 350 degree over until light brown, 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.