Prep 3 hrs
Cook 12 mins
A recipe from Taste of Home, Best loved cookies and candies 2012. Courtesy of Joanie Elbourn. These are sooooo spicy and perfectly sweet! I love them! Prep time includes chill time
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground aniseed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons light molasses
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- Combine first seven ingredients, set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the brown sugar, molasses, butter and egg.
- Stir in dry ingredients, mix well. Chill for 1 hour.
- Shape into 1" balls.
- Roll in sugar and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350F for 10-13 minutes.
- Cool cookies about 1 minute before removing to wire racks.