Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you like Asian cuisine, this zesty stir fry makes a quick dinner for two out of ingredients you probably already have at home. Serve with brown rice.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 small head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat, and add oil.
- Saute garlic for about 5 seconds, then add ground beef. Stir-fry until beef is evenly brown.
- Stir in cabbage, carrot and pepper, and cook until vegetables are tender and beef is fully cooked.
- Stir in soy sauce.
- Mix together cornstarch and water, and stir in .
- Season with crushed red pepper and black pepper. Cook, stirring, until sauce has thickened.