Recipe by Sharon123
This is a versatile recipe. You can use other beans instead of the peas, use ranch dressing instead of the creamy garlic, use tortillas instead of the pitas! Have fun! Adapted from BH%G magazine.
Top Review by Ducky
Yum! This is so easy to put together and has great flavor and crunch! It looks great too. DH even really liked it. I ended up using bread because I didn't have any pita (but pita has to work much better than the bread did! LOL!).
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely cut
- 1⁄2 cup torn mixed salad green
- 1⁄4 cup bottled creamy garlic dressing (or dressing of choice)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 pita bread rounds, halved crosswise
- 1 small tomatoes, sliced
- alfalfa sprout