This is a versatile recipe. You can use other beans instead of the peas, use ranch dressing instead of the creamy garlic, use tortillas instead of the pitas! Have fun! Adapted from BH%G magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely cut
- 1/2 cup torn mixed salad green
- 1/4 cup bottled creamy garlic dressing (or dressing of choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 pita bread rounds, halved crosswise
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- alfalfa sprout
- 1In a medium bowl combine black-eyed peas, artichoke hearts, mixed greens, salad dressing, and pepper.
- 2Line pita bread halves with tomato slices.
- 3Spoon artichoke mixture into pita bread halves.
- 4Top with sprouts. Enjoy!
- 5Makes 6 servings.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppery Artichoke Pitas
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.1
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 592.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens
creamy garlic dressing