Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
Kind of like a cinnamon roll, only it's a pizza.
For the Dough
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces pepperoni slices
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- This is called Pepperoni Loaf because when you roll the dough, you roll it as one whole piece instead of several little pieces.
- Pour warm water into a bowl. The water should be about 85 to 115°F Test it with your hand. It should feel very warm, but comfortable. Add the honey and salt. Mix on low until well blended. Add the yeast and mix. Let this mixture sit for about 5 minutes. Add 1 cup of flour and the olive oil and mix until well blended. Add the rest of the flour (and any other additions) and mix well. The dough should turn into a ball. If the dough does not ball up because it's too dry, add water one tablespoon at a time until it does. If your mixture is more like a batter, add flour one tablespoon at a time. Adding water or flour as needed to get the right consistency will assure you always get a perfect dough. Just remember to do it in small amounts.
- Once the dough is balled up, place the ball on a floured board and knead for about a minute. This builds the gluten which helps the dough to rise and become fluffy when cooked. Place the dough in a plastic grocery bag or a covered bowl and store in a warm, dry area to rise.
- After about 45 minutes the dough should have about doubled in size. Punch down the dough so it deflates. Let it rise for another hour to an hour and a half. The dough is now ready to be rolled out.
- Roll the dough with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices inside of it. Sprinkle oregano on tope of the loaf, or inside if you wish. Bake in the oven at 300° for 45 minutes or until done in the middle.