Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Bite size crunchy cookies that are perfect for the holiday season. It's been a German tradition passed down for generations in my family. They don't last long at our house.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup oleo
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 nuts, crushed
- Beat together first 4 ingredients.
- Add flour sifted with soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add nuts.
- Make long rolls and cut into small pieces.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes (depending on how cruncy you like your cookies).