Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This recipe came from a lady in our electric co-op. They produce a monthly magazine that has all kinds of interesting things and the recipe pages are wonderful Kentucky dishes. This one happened to be for a the lady's daughter's wedding. It'd be great for the holidays too.
- 1 quart peppermint ice cream, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) jar strawberry preserves
- 2 (2 liter) bottles carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 1⁄2 cup peppermint candy, crushed fine
- 4 -6 whole candy canes
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the candy canes in a food processor to get them fine enough. Place the softened ice cream and strawberry preserves in a punch bowl. Mix well.
- When serving, add the soda and sprinkle in the crushed candy canes on top and stir.
- Unwrap the whole candy canes and hang on the sides of the punch bowl with the ends inside.