Recipe by ImACookingDiva
Great recipe to add to your cookie trays for the holidays.
Top Review by Cathleen Colbert
Despite having some problems (not the recipe's fault!) in coating the patties, these were a big hit at my Christmas party. I will be making them again. After all, practice makes perfect.
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Crisco shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine sugar, butter and extracts.
- Add milk, and blend well.
- Roll mixture into 1" balls and place on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Chill for 20 minutes.
- Flatten peppermint balls into 1/4" thickness.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate chips and shortening.
- Dip patties in chocolate and then place on wax paper and freeze for a short while.