Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great recipe to add to your cookie trays for the holidays.
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Crisco shortening
- In a bowl, combine sugar, butter and extracts.
- Add milk, and blend well.
- Roll mixture into 1" balls and place on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Chill for 20 minutes.
- Flatten peppermint balls into 1/4" thickness.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate chips and shortening.
- Dip patties in chocolate and then place on wax paper and freeze for a short while.
Despite having some problems (not the recipe's fault!) in coating the patties, these were a big hit at my Christmas party. I will be making them again. After all, practice makes perfect.