Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sauce is wonderful to give as Christmas gifts. It is also perfect on top a scoop of chocolate ice cream during the dog days of summer!
- 1 1⁄2 cups peppermint candies, finely crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Cook over medium heat until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into an airtight container and place in refrigerator.
- Serve over ice cream or cake.
WOW! Did you find this or create it? I couldn't find regular, round candies so I used a box of candy canes. This took several minutes to melt & come together but I just kept it on 'super simmer' (VERY low) and stirred every few minutes. It is SO FABULOUS! Not too thick, either. Just right & very delicious! Thank you! Made for Aussie Swap 11/13.