1/1 Photo of Peppermint Cloud Brownies
This is a delicious recipe from the December 2008 edition of Ladies' Home Journal. These are simple and look as great as they taste. Serve on a white platter with a red and white ribbon across the middle for a beauiful presentation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons peppermint stick candy, crushed
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8-inch square pan and line with a strip of parchment overhanging on two sides. Butter parchment, set aside.
- 2In a saucepan, melt butter, chocolate, and cocoa on low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, eggs, flour, salt, nuts, milk and vanilla until combined.
- 3Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake until just set, 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- 4Top with marshmallows and bake until marshmallows are puffed, another 5 minutes. Immediately sprinkle with peppermint.
- 5Cool in pan. Loosen edges and lift brownies with parchment. Use a butter knife to cut into squares. Store airtight up to one day.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppermint Cloud Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.7
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 42.4 mg
- Sodium 57.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
peppermint stick candy