Recipe by s'kat
This is posted in response to a recipe request. Found on an epicurious board. Does not include cooling time.
Top Review by Marlene.
I was so disappointed with these. Milano's are my ALL TIME favorite cookies. These came out NOTHING like Milano's. These came out soft , not crispy .. so much butter that they are almost greasy. I guess I keep buying the expensive ones ;)
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 cup milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In a bowl, cream together the 1 cup butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla extract and flour; mix until smooth.
- Shape level teaspoons of dough into log shapes.
- Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 17 to 19 minutes or until golden brown.
- Microwave chocolate chips and the 1 tablespoon butter for 2 minutes; stir until smooth.
- Spread chocolate on flat side of cookie and top with the other.