Recipe by chef blade
I'm not a fan of the crockpot, but this worked great.....use FRESH mushrooms and FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER....serve with wide noodles
Top Review by Aroostook
Very nice dish!! I cooked this dish on top of the stove for two hours in a dutch oven. Worked like a charm.The pepper really makes this dish. The only change I made was to halve the soy and Worcestershire sauces. Thanks so much for posting.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs venison, cut into beef-stew size cubes
- 1 lb assorted fresh mushrooms, sliced thick
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread venison cubes on plate and generously season with freshly ground black pepper, coating all sides of the meat. Place half the mushrooms in crockpot. Sear the meat in hot, heavy skillet with the oil, do not crowd, turn as needed. Remove venison chunks to crockpot when brown. Cover with remaining mushrooms. Add all other ingrdients to hot skillet, pour into crockpot when heated. Cover crockpot and cook on low for 4 hrs.
- Remove lid and cook on high for 30 minutes.