Recipe by Bev
I found this recipe in a recent issue of Southern Living. It looks so incredible, I didn't want to take the chance of letting it slip away on me. If you are unable to find fresh tuna, you may substitute frozen (thaw first) which will work just fine. I hope you will enjoy this!
Top Review by lazyme
Wonderful dish! This had a great combination of flavors and was a very pretty dish. I was able to find two really fresh steaks and made all of the sauce - we love our sauces, lol. I didn't have ground ginger so grated a little fresh ginger root which added a nice little kick. Thanks Bev for a simple and tasty dinner.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup plum sauce
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 (6 ounce) tuna steaks (about 1 1/2" thick)
- 1 tablespoon frshly ground mulicolored peppercorn (may substiute freshly ground black pepper)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat until lightly brown.
- Add mushrooms and saute 4-7 minutes or until lightly browned and tender.
- Stir in Plum sauce, soy sauce, and ground ginger.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- Simmer, stirring often 3-4 minutes.
- Keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle tuna evenly with pepper.
- Cook 4 minutes each side (rare) or until desired amount of doneness.
- Serve with warm sauce.
- Serves 6.