Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
These zingy sliders, full of all kinds of peppers, will be a hit! Source: http://www.rhodesbread.com/recipes/view/2447
- 8 rhodes dinner rolls, baked according to package instructions
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 green peppers
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 4 tomatillos, remove husks and chop
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 white onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Bake rolls and set aside.
- Broil green peppers in the oven until slightly black and remove skin.
- Chop skinned peppers into small pieces.
- Combine green peppers, cumin and salt and pepper with ground beef.
- Make 8 rounded, 3-inch patties out of the ground beef mixture.
- Combine tomatillos, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, lime peel and juice and honey in a blender until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry the patties in a skillet and top with cheese the last minute of cooking to melt it.
- Assemble the sliders using as much of the green sauce as desired on top or under the meat.
This was really good, but I had to use old-fashioned dinner rolls; also, need to cut the meat portion in half (or double the rolls) because it was too much to use for this recipe -- but now I'll have a great meatloaf!