Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe on an alternate website while researching menu ideas for Australia Day/Waitangi Day.
- 2 teaspoons native pepper berries, dried (available from online shops, or substitute 1 tsp black pepper corns and 1 tsp Sichuan pepper)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 inches fresh ginger (1 piece 4 cm or 1 1/2 in)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 125 g unsalted butter (4 oz.)
- Pound pepperberries, garlic, ginger, salt and ground spices in a pestle and mortar until well combined.
- Mix in the butter until well combined.
- Chill until ready to use.