Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Enjoy this NEW recipe from Enjoy Life's "Cookies for Everyone" Cook Book! These are good warm out of the oven and great the next day! Enjoy Life's "Cookies for Everyone" is written by Leslie Hammond (Author of "The Kid-Friendly Food Allergy Cookbook") and Betsy Laakso (Director of Research & Development at Enjoy Life Foods). As ingredients vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, we suggest you use the volume measurements (cups, tablespoons, etc). We have found they give the best results, providing you with yummy treats!
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bob's red mill rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup bob's red mill tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup enjoy life semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350° (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- 2. With a mixer, or by hand, stir together oil, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt. Add the flours and baking powder and mix on low speed. While mixing, slowly pour in the water until the dough is smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- 3. Use a small ice cream/cookie scoop or drop dough by tablespoon onto a baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart (about 6 cookies per baking sheet).
- 4. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Cookies will be golden around the edges and soft in the center. For soft cookies, remove from oven before they are too golden - around 12 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for less than 1 minute. Remove with a flat spatula and place on a flat surface to cool completely.