Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The only trick to this recipe is finding a big enough container in which to mix the treats. Most of these ingredients are available in a variety of weights and sizes..Don't worry if you can not find the exact amount given.
- 16 ounces dry roasted peanuts
- 14 ounces plain M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 14 ounces peanut M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 12 ounces dry roasted cashew nuts
- 10 ounces mixed nuts
- 15 ounces raisins
- 14 ounces pretzel sticks
- 8 ounces yogurt-covered raisins
- 8 ounces yogurt-covered peanuts
- In a very large container, mix all the ingredients together.
- Store in an airtight containers, gift tins or zip-top bags at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.
- Makes 26 cups (6 1/2 quarts).
This is a wonderful snack mix! Only difference was instead of roasted cashew nuts I used chocolate covered cashews. Lots of compliments when I served it at my Christmas Party. Thanks grandma
I've found an easy way to mix all my "trail mixes" is to use plastic grocery bags. Put ingredients in one bag and tie the top closed. Put in a second bag and tie that bag closed, too (using two bags is a precaution in case the first bag breaks). Now you can 'play' with the bags, mixing the ingredients without worring about it ending up all over the floor.
I made this mix for my married childrens in-laws for Christmas. We all sampled it and thought it was very good. Thanks grandma2969. Bullwinkle.