This delicious recipe comes from the Bechtel Victorian Mansion Bed & Breakfast Inn, in East Berlin, PA
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend first five ingredients together, and set aside one cup of this mixture as a topping base for use later.
- In separate bowl, mix the eggs, buttermilk and baking soda together.
- Then blend the remaining portion of the original crumb mixture, stirring thoroughly.
- There will be some small lumps in the batter.
- Add 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup coconut and 1 teaspoon cinnamon to the cup of original crumb topping mixture, set aside earlier.
- Pour coffee cake batter mixture into 3 greased and floured 8" cake pans.
- Sprinkle topping equally on top of batter in all 3 pans.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Makes 3-8" coffee cakes.