Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great recipe for left over chicken.
- 8 ounces penne
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 ounces mushrooms
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut into strips
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add pasta and salt.
- Cook pasta until tender but firm, stirring occasionally.
- In the meatime, remove and discard stems from mushrooms.
- Slice mushrooms thinly and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Trim asparagus of woody ends, if necessary, an cut on the diagonal in 2 to 3 inch lenghts.
- Mince garlic.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add mushrooms and asparagus, and saute until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Ad garlic and chicken, and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add feta, Parmesan and 1/2 cup water (you can substitute chicken broth or white wine, if preferred).
- Stir until heated through, 1 or 2 minutes.
- Toss with drained pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.